The Music Hall Center for the Performing Arts is a 1,731-seat theatre located in the city’s entertainment district at 350 Madison Avenue in Detroit, Michigan. It was built in 1928 as the Wilson Theatre, designated a Michigan State Historic Site in 1976, and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1977. The Music Hall Center is also home to the 100 seat Jazz Cafe and the 3 Fifty Terrace on the rooftop.
Motor City Blight Busters is a Detroit non-profit dedicated to the stabilization and revitalization of our Detroit neighborhoods. Since 1988 we have been a positive catalyst in Detroit to neighborhoods, families, and volunteers by tearing down blighted abandon homes, cleaning up dump sites, painting existing houses, cleaning up neighborhoods, building new houses, founding Angel’s night, and many other positive activities.
We are Mindfield. We are a creative production company. We direct and shoot film and video. We edit the things we shoot and also, things other people shoot. We design in 2Ds and 3Ds and put it all in motion. We develop and produce high-tech interactive experiences for live people or virtual ones. We are engagement specialists. Detroit is our home. We think you look really great today. Thanks for coming to our website.
The mission of the Belle Isle Conservancy is to protect, preserve, restore and enhance the natural environment, historic structures and unique character of Belle Isle as a public park for the enjoyment of all – now and forever.
Formed in the fall of 2011, through a merger of four existing nonprofits – Friends of Belle Isle, Belle Isle Botanical Society, Belle Isle Women’s Committee and Friends of the Belle Isle Aquarium — the new Conservancy, in partnership with the City of Detroit, will bring more private and public resources to our beautiful island park.
The diocese of Detroit was established by Pope Gregory XVI in 1833, more than 100 years after French settlers built their first church here. At the time, the diocese included all of Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota and portions of the Dakotas, east of the Mississippi River.
The diocese predates even the state of Michigan, which did not join the union until 1837. At that time, the boundaries of the diocese were changed to fit into Michigan’s newly-established borders.
Ste. Anne de Detroit Church was the first church built by settlers in 1701. The church served as the diocese’s first cathedral from 1833 to 1848.
In 1937, Detroit was elevated to an archdiocese and His Eminence, Edward Mooney was named as our first archbishop. In the following decades the region’s population grew steadily, which required the expansion of many parishes under Mooney.
Today, the Archdiocese of Detroit comprises the six counties of southeast Michigan—Lapeer, Macomb, Monroe, Oakland, St. Clair and Wayne.
Copyright 2013 Integrity Building Group, LLC. All Rights Reserved.